FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues. By joining FCS, you will work with highly skilled, technical teams that are dedicated to doing what it takes to meet our clients' needs. FCS is focused on advancing the skills and experiences of our staff and has opportunities that expand the globe.
FCS is looking for a second year or higher law student or recent law school graduate. The Legal Intern must be a motivated and detail oriented individual, who is eager to roll up their sleeves and make a difference in the community and in our Company. The Legal Intern will support our General Counsel with special projects, assembling and organizing legal documents; research projects; and writing reports and memoranda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in research and preparation of legal memoranda, policy drafts, corporate documents, contract review and drafting, reports, and external communications. Potential for assisting in environmental document preparation and/or discovery responses
- Assist in file and document management, and assemble project materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, and correspondences
- Maintains calendar by entering and updating requirements, and meetings
- Protects firm's reputation by keeping client information confidential
- Review regulatory and legal developments which impact our company or our customers
- Review various commercial agreements
- Assist with corporate structuring and governance matters
- Assist with intellectual property matters (including IP protection matters)
- Other projects as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills
- In-process of completing 2nd year or higher at an accredited law school with good academic standing
- Good research skills are needed
- Can effectively prioritize and manage multiple matters
- Can maintain client confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Legal administration skills – thorough documentation, word processing, scheduling, verbal communication, and client relationship skills
- Courses in contracts, corporations, trademarks, and employment law are preferred, but not all courses are required for consideration. Course work in environmental law and land use is a benefit.
- This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. This position may require some travel, as well as attend meetings, webinars and conference calls. While some work may be done from home or out of the office, intern will be required to be in the office for a majority of the work hours. Schedule is flexible to meet class and study requirements. Estimated hours will be 15-20 per week. $20.00/hr.