FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS), an ADEC Innovation, is focused on improving the world we live in by advancing sustainable practices globally. It's our goal to improve the lives of all people we work with, whether they are clients, partners or colleagues. By joining FCS, you will work with highly skilled, technical teams that are dedicated to doing what it takes to meet our clients' needs. FCS is focused on advancing the skills and experiences of our staff and has opportunities that expand the globe.
FCS is looking for on-call Biological Field Monitors / Technicians who will participate in construction monitoring sites thought Los Angeles County to support federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plant identification and habitat associations
- Wildlife surveys (nesting birds, rare / threatened / endangered species and their associated habitats)
- Assists in field report writing and GPS operation
- Ability to demonstrate proper field work protocols and techniques
- Proven ability to create results and complete assignments in a timely fashion, many times under strict deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and professionalism.
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently with minimum guidance
- Able to follow instructions and ask informed questions
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications, especially Word and Excel
- Excellent writing, analytical, and communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology
- 2+ years of related experience
- Requires knowledge of general ecology, botany and zoology
- Good working knowledge of federal environmental laws and regulations and NEPA/CEQA documentation
- Good working knowledge of California's flora and fauna
The position will be exposed to all weather conditions and terrain. The position requires working outdoors and travel to project sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee may spend extended periods of time standing. The employee is required to stoop, walk, reach with hands and arms and hand/finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
FCS offers competitive salaries with opportunities for personal and professional development. If you want to work in a collaborative, creative work environment where you can provide meaningful contributions while being challenged to grow on the job, then you are encouraged to apply!
FCS is an equal opportunity employer.